Saturday, September 26, 2009

Changing our Thoughts

Tension Producing Statements:
  1. It probably won’t work
  2. I should not feel this way
  3. If you really cared you would…
  4. I am not as smart and attractive as she is
  5. He makes me so mad
  6. I can’t understand it
  7. I’m getting nervous
  8. I’ll disappoint them and let them down
  9. I’m not good enough
  10. I’ve never been any good at this.
  11. I’ll never do this right
  12. You can’t make any money doing that
  13. Everything depends on this
  14. If I don’t reach that goal, it will be terrible
  15. If others disagree with me, I must be wrong
  16. He ought to know what I’m feeling
  17. It must be my fault
  18. I will never get it done in time
  19. If I don’t get good grades, my future is ruined
  20. I’m not BYU material
  21. I’m so stupid
  22. I should be more like…
  23. He/She would never go out with me
  24. I hate it when…
Tension Reducing Statements:
  1. It is not worth getting upset over
  2. I’m not going to let my emotions get involved in that
  3. I can choose to not get angry
  4. I can handle it
  5. It’s okay to make mistakes
  6. Regardless of how I do, I can learn from it
  7. I hope it happens but I am not going to expect it to
  8. It is okay to be me and to feel the way I do
  9. I’ll compare myself with myself rather than with others
  10. Worry won’t help solve the problem
  11. I can do what I can do and that is all
  12. I am a fallible human being
  13. I’ll survive
  14. I’ll do what I can under the circumstances
  15. I can’t do anything about it right now
  16. Five years from now, who will care?
  17. Let’s put this problem into an eternal perspective
  18. I could have done better but at least I tried
  19. No one can be love by everyone
  20. Other people are going to be different from me
  21. What is the worst thing that can happen?
  22. Getting upset will just make it worse
  23. One thing at a time
  24. I will cheer for, rather than compete with others
  25. That’s their problem, not mine
  26. It is not requisite that I run fast than I have strength

No comments:

Post a Comment